A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR THE AUSTIN STATE SUPPORTED LIVING CENTER
- Creating a facility for exemplary care around a new community built on a common vision
Mental Health District Experience Principles
- Safe, comfortable, and relaxed environment where patients and families are open to learning new ways of
living and coping with mental illness.
- A non-hospital campus with a rich outdoor atmosphere conductive to healing.
- Compact and sustainable campus that minimizes unnecessary infrastructure and use of resources.
- A campus that provides a setting for community inclusion programs to help its residents adapt and
transition to independent living.
Category: Community Site
Location: Austin, Texas